Pre-Authorized Giving (PAG) makes it easier for us to fulfill our commitment to give, especially in these times when we are not meeting together and thus not receiving regular offering.
Automatic debits are withdrawn from your bank account/credit card to support the ministry of your local parish. There is no extra charge to you.
Why should you use PAG?
- PAG helps you budget your support of the church, in the same way that you budget all your other household expenses.
- PAG ensures your support will continue regardless of your attendance on Sundays. It also prevents “catch-up” if you are absent from church and therefore unable to make your donation.
- It is good theology. Through PAG we prayerfully and intentionally give of our first fruits to the ministry of God’s church.
How does PAG help my church?
- PAG facilitates regular and dependable flow of contributions.
- It helps the Treasurer manage the cash flow and administer the budget throughout the year.
- It reduces the time volunteer counters spend on bookkeeping and paperwork on Sunday mornings.
How do I sign up for PAG?
- Decide how much you want to give to your parish each month and how you want your contribution to be allocated (General Operating Expenses, Building Fund, Outreach, etc.)
- Print and complete the form below (enter monthly amount, name and sign/date it) and then scan and email with a VOID cheque to firstname.lastname@example.org . If paying by credit card, you will receive a phone call (never send credit card information by e-mail).
Withdrawals are on the 20th of the month and will say “United Church of Canada”, as they process our PAG for us.
How do I change or cancel my donation?
- If you wish to update or cancel your PAG amount, please contact Bonnie Connolly, Treasurer, at email@example.com. As the church’s expenses change from year to year, and we recommend you review your PAG at the beginning of each year.
- To make changes to your PAG, contact Bonnie by the 27thof the month before. So, for example to make changes to your September PAG you need to contact Bonnie by August 27th.