FROM THE REGISTER
With sadness we announce the passing of Michael Artichuk on Thursday, August 29. Our sympathy and prayers are with his wife Susanne, their children, grandchildren and family. Friends may be received at Trinity Church for a memorial visitation on Wednesday, September 11, from 10 am until the time of a celebration of Michael’s life at 11 am. A reception downstairswill follow the service.Michael will be missed by many friends at Trinity Church.
Rest eternal grant to him, O Lord. And let light perpetual shine upon him.
Saturday, September 7
– A team from Trinity will again be preparing and serving the meal for the annual Lions’ Car Draw event, and volunteers are needed! Please see the sign-up page for volunteers. Although it is work, it is a great opportunity for fellowship and community participation, and there is a variety of duties to choose from! Our work for this event is a fund raiser for our church, and an opportunity for community participation.
– Yoga at Trinity resumes after the summer, 9 am to 10 am. Yoga classes are usually held on Saturday mornings, 9 am to 10 am (N.B. NO Yoga Sept. 21). For info, speak with Art Holden, for Yogi George Holden.
Sunday, September 8
– Sunday School begins a new season! Following the Children’s Focus in the service, children in JK and up are invited downstairs for Sunday School.
– Blessing of School Bags. All students, teachers, educational assistants and anyone involved in education is invited to bring their school bag or briefcase as we offer a blessing for you and the school year to come.
– Outreach Committee meeting after church. Following on the area of focus as published in “News from the Pews” in July, we will be discussing which area to focus on first, in various ways. All are welcome; we meet in the lower hall about 15-20 minutes after the service.
– Vesey’s Bulb Sale begins. Catalogs and order forms are available in the Upper Room. Orders are due back by Sunday, September 22. Contact: Elizabeth Annand
Wednesday, September 11 – N.B. Krafty Knitters will NOT meet on this date, but after this date they will continue meeting the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 2 to 4 pm.
Friday, September 13 – Trinity’s Steak BBQ! Tickets are available at church and from Sheryl MacPhail, 905 775 3134. $20 per person. Continuous sittings from 4:30 to 7:00 pm. Don’t wait too long and miss out on this great meal! The sign-up page for volunteers is in the Upper Room (narthex).
Sunday, September 15 – MacGregor Meat Sale begins today. Catalogs and order forms are in the Upper Room. Orders are due by Sunday, September 29. Contact: Lorna Oldreive.
Tuesday, September 17 – Tuesday Evening Study Group resumes. Evening Prayer at 7:30 pm, followed by food, fellowship and study. Our first study will be “Animate: Bible”. Everyone is welcome to attend, either for all or for a few of the dates. See below for more information.
Wednesday, September 18 – Wardens’ meeting, 7:30 pm. Remember! If you have anything you would like the wardens to discuss, please submit it no later than the day before the meeting.
Saturday, September 21 – N.B. No Yoga Sept. 21. Yoga classes are held Saturday mornings, 9 to 10 am in the lower hall. Contact: Art Holden, on behalf of Yogi George Holden.
Wednesday, September 25
– Krafty Knitters, 2 to 4 pm downstairs. Please join us for fellowship and tea or coffee. Instruction is readily available for beginners. Contact: Anne Silvey
– Advisory Board meeting, 7:25 pm
Sunday, September 29
– Fellowship Lunch following the service. Everyone is invited. A sign-up page for food will be available soon.
– Annual Blessing of the Animals, 3 pm, on the church patio. Rev. Dana will offer a blessing to any furry or feathery friends that you may bring! If your pet cannot attend, please bring his/her photo.
Wednesday, October 2
– Soul Survivors group meets at 7:30 pm in the choir room. For anyone affected by cancer or chronic illness. We meet the first Wednesday evening of each month.
– Compline, with anointing for healing and wholeness at 8:35 pm. Anyone feeling the need for God’s healing grace may be anointed.
Friday, October 4 – Youth Group resumes with a Games Night, at 7 pm. Come to play games, and find out about our Halloween party scheduled for November 1! Contact: Elizabeth Annand.
Saturday, October 5 – Church garden clean-up, 9 am until noon. Please come if you can, even if only for part of the time., and bring your own gardening tools.