Sunday, November 4– All Saints Sunday
* LegionMembers will be attending our service at 10 amas part of their Remembrance celebration.
* Bradford Valley Eucharist and Hymn Sing, 2 pm. All welcome to come and sing!
* Thank-you for the return of completed offering pledges for 2019. If you have not yet submitted yours, it would be greatly appreciated if you could hand it in to the office today or very soon. Pledge forms are available on a table in the Upper Room by the brick pillar.
* Our Poinsettia Sale, through Bradford Greenhouses, begins today!Information and order forms for this fundraiser are available in the Upper Room.Orders can be accepted up to and includingSunday, November 18. Poinsettias will be at the church for pickup on Saturday, December 1, between 9 am and 12 noon— in time for Christmas decorating and gift giving! Contact: Carol McPherson.
Tuesday, November 6 – Evening Bible study. Topic: “Religion and Science: Pathways to Truth”, 7:30 to 9 pm
Wednesday, November 7
* Soul Survivors meet at 7:30 pm. Anyone affected by cancer or chronic illness is invited to attend.
* Compline, 8:35 pm with anointing for healing and wholeness, for anyone feeling a need for God’s healing grace.
Thursday, November 8 – Afternoon Bible Study, looking at the Sunday readings, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
Sunday, November 11
* Our Remembrance Day service, 10 am, including the reading of the honour roll from Trinity and St. Paul’s.
*The Bells of Peace:Trinity’schurch bell will be rung 100 times starting at sunset (approx. 4:56 pm) in commemoration of 100 years since the armistice (WW I). CTV Barrie has contacted us and they will be covering it. Bells everywhere (church, school, gov’t building etc.) will be rung at this time. Please read the article Bells of Peace (below) for more information. There is also an article in this month’s issue of the “Anglican Journal” paper.
Monday, November 12 – Our Silent Auction begins.Brand new items only are being accepted for the auction. If you wish to donate one or more items, please contact Sheryl MacPhail. The auction will end at 10 am Sunday, November 25.
Wednesday, November 14 & 28 – Krafty Knitters meet from 2 to 4 pm. Everyone is welcome to come and knit or crochet, while enjoying a time of fellowship, and a cup of tea or coffee. Instruction is available for beginners.
This group meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month to make prayer shawls for folks who are experiencing illness or difficult times, items for outreach, and items for sale to raise funds for the ministry of the church.
Saturday, November 17
*An Area Farewell, for Archbishop Colin Johnson and his wife Ellen, including a reception from 2 to 5 pm, and an Evensong Service at 3 pm, hosted by Holy Trinity, Thornhill located at 140 Brooke Street.For people wishing to attend, a signup sheet will be posted in the Upper Room; we should let the bishop’s office know how many to expect as they estimate the food. Note: The location had to be changed from All Saints King City to Holy Trinity Thornhill.
* Trinity’s float will be in the Bradford Santa Claus parade starting at 6:30 pm. If you would like to walk alongside or ride on the float, please speak with Patti Kergon in advance. Walkers & riders will meet at Bradford High School by 6 pm.
Friday, November 23 – Roast Beef Dinner, 4:30 to 7:00 pm. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, peas, turnip, cole slaw, dessert, coffee, tea and juice. $20. Children 10 yrs and under $10. Tickets available from Sheryl MacPhail, Lorna Oldreive, and in the Upper Room after church on Sundays.
Saturday, November 24 – Ladies Coffee Break, 11 am downstairs.All ladies are welcome to drop in for fellowship, chit chat, and a cup of tea or coffee. We gather about once a month, no program, no fund raising, no official meetings, no commitments. Come and enjoy a relaxing hour with us!
Wednesday, November 28 – Advisory Board meeting, 7:28 pm. All church officers are requested to attend. Any interested parishioners are welcome to sit in and observe at any Advisory Board meeting.
Saturday, December 15 –Please join us for our family get-together! Our “Merry Little Christmas”will have carols, crafts and treatsfor the whole family! A free event at the church from 2 – 4pm. Anyone wishing to volunteer please sign up in the Upper Room or contact Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org